A little something funny because we can all use a good laugh!
How did it go this week? I hope you are doing well and staying healthy. I know one thing that I have heard over and over again is people talking about gaining the “Quarantine 15”.
It can be very easy to let these times get the best of us, I admit I’ve had my days, but I’m doing what I can to keep some semblance of a schedule AND to keep myself from re-emerging with more around the middle than when it all started. Here are tips that might help you too:
- Plan your meals and snacks ahead of time. Yes, even when you think you can decide each day, you have plenty of time to prepare and cook, it inevitably happens…your tired, depressed or time got away from you. And there you are staring at the refrigerator deciding that nachos again will work, or hitting the fast food drive through. Plan and make 3 or 4 really healthy meals and enough for left-overs one or two days.
- Set alarms for meals and snacks. If you find yourself constantly snacking throughout the day, create a schedule and set your phone alarm. Make them purposeful breaks and build in regular meals and 2 or 3 snack times.
- Drink water, water, water. Enough said there.
- Sit at the table, no distractions.
- Eat enough protein. If you find you are hungry throughout the day, you may not be enough of the right foods, especially protein. Be sure to include a good, clean protein source in all your meals.
- Get moving! You knew it was coming! Create some kind of exercise or movement plan. Keep it realistic enough that you will do it and get an accountability partner if needed.
These are some crazy times but we don’t need to go crazy. Keep some kind of mornalcy and remember to take care of you!
And if you need more help, let’s chat! Schedule a 15 minute call here. You do not need to go it alone!