Ready to start your day the protein way? Try these delicious pancakes!
3 tbsps Ground Flax Seed
1/2 cup Water
3/4 cup Chickpea Flour
3/4 cup Chocolate Protein Powder
1 1/2 tbsps Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 tbsps Baking Powder
1 1/2 Unsweetened Almond Milk (or water)
1/3 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
2 1/4 tsps Coconut Oil
- Combine the ground flax and water in a small bowl. Whisk and set aside to thicken or about 5 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the chickpea flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
- Add the almond milk and flax mixture to dry ingredients. Mix well until a smooth batter forms. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat coconut oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spoon the batter into the pan in 1/4 cup portions. Cook pancakes for about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Plate the pancakes and enjoy!
Protein Powder – This recipe was developed and tested using a plant-based protein powder. If using another type of protein powder, results may vary.
Save Time – Make the pancake batter in a blender.
Toppings – Maple syrup, honey, fresh fruit, granola, seeds or nuts.
Leftovers – Store in a sealed container in the fridge up to 3 days. Reheat in the over, toaster over or in a skillet.
No Chickpea Flour – Try oat flour instead. Results may vary.
Polyunsaturated 3 g