1 1/2 cups Oats
1 cup Almonds
1/3 cup Maple Syrup
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
2 cups Pitted Dates
2 tbsp Water
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Cashew Butter
3/4 cup Pecans (roughly chopped)
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the oats, almonds, maple syrup, cinnamon, oil, and half the salt. Pulse until a find crust has formed and can be pressed between your fingers.
- Pour the crust into the prepared baking pan and press down to hold the crust together. Place in the freezer while you make the topping.
- Wipe out the food processor bowl with a paper towel. Combine the dates, water, vanilla, cashew butter, and remaining salt. Pulse on high until a somewhat smooth consistency is reached. Add a splash of more water if needed to combine.
- Remove the crust from the freezer. Using a butter knife spread the date mixture on top of the crust until smooth. Add the pecans on top, pressing down slightly so they stick to the filling. Transfer to the freezer to set for about two hours.
- Remove the pecan bars from the freezer and take them out of the pan by pulling out the parchment paper. Use a sharp knife to slice into squares. Enjoy!
Leftovers – Store leftover slices in the fridge for up to one week, or freeze for longer.
Serving Size – One serving is one square.
Baking Pan – This recipe was tested in an 8 by 8-inch baking dish.
Gluten-Free – Use gluten-free oats.
No Cashew Butter – Use almond butter instead.