If you know me, you know I LOVE broccoli. Honestly I can’t get enough of it and when it’s roasted, it’s like eating candy. 🙂 This is one of my favorites and I know you will love it too!
Credit: Minimalist Baker
Perfect Roasted Broccoli with Cashew Parmesan – Quick and easy roasted broccoli that’s cheesy, savory and perfectly tender with crispy edges. Just 25 minutes, 1 pan and 4 ingredients.
4 cups Small Broccoli Florets (2 heads broccoli yield – 4 cups florets)
2 tbsp Olive Oil (or Avocado Oil)
11/4 cup Vegan Parmesan Cheese
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
2 cloves minced garlic (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (215 C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Optional: For more tender and easier to digest broccoli our preferred method is to lightly steam it first. To steam the broccoli, place a steamer gasket in a large pot. Fill hte pot with at least 1/4 inch of water, but not so much that it touches the bottom of the steamer basket. Bring water to a boil, then add broccoli florets to the steamer basket and cook for 2-4 minutes or until bright green and just tender enough to pierce with a fork. Remove from the pot and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- To the parchment-lined baking sheet, add (raw or steamed) broccoli florets. Drizzle with oil then sprinkle with vegan parmesan cheese, salt, and garlic (optional). Toss to evenly coat the broccoli, making sure each floret is laying on its flattest side and no florets are overlapping.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until broccoli is golden brown on the edges and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Best when fresh. Leftovers will keep stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat leftovers in a cast-iron skillet until warmed through. Not freezer friendly.
Easy, 4-ingredient vegan parmesan cheese that’s perfect on top of pastas, pizza, and anywhere you’d usually use parmesan cheese!
3/4 cup raw cashews
3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Add all ingredients to a food processor and mix/pulse until a fine meal is achieved. Store in the refrigerator to keep fresh. Lasts for several weeks.
Vitamin A 442 IU
Vitamin C: 64g