A warm and delicious Christmas breakfast!
3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Maple Syrup (divided)
3 cups Almond Flour
2 cups Tapioca Flour (plus more for work surface)
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
1 tbsp Cinnamon
6 oz Vegan Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and half the maple syrup. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, and baking soda, Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine until the dough becomes soft and sticky. Set aside.
- Lay a large shee of parchment paper on the counter and sprinkle with tapioca flour. Roll out the dough into a flat rectangle about 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick. Sprinkle the cinnamon and coconut sugar generously overtop, then lightly roll the dough into a log, using the parchment to keep from getting sticky.
- Using floss or string, slice the dough into 1 1/2-inch rolls. Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Let cool for five minutes before icing.
- Whisk together the cream cheese and remaining maple syrup. Spread over the cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
Leftovers – Refrigerate in an irtight container for up to five days. The icing can be left on or refrigerated separately. Microwave for 15 seconds before serving.
Serving Size – One serving equals one cinnamon roll.
More Flavor – Add vanilla extract to the dough and icing. Mix the coconut sugar and cinnamon with melted coconut oil before spreading onto the dough.
Additional Toppings – Top with chopped pecans.
No Almond Milk – Use cashew milk or canned coconut milk.